BAD West Day of Black Docs
May 11, 2019
Purchase your "all day" access event tickets here in advance for
American Film Institute
Mark Goodson Theater.
(In the Mayer library building, top parking lot)
2021 N. Western Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Tickets for the entire day's event are $20.00 and can be purchased on-line.
Limited quantity of Early Bird tickets on sale for $17.50 until April 21, 2019.
- Tickets can be purchased the day of the event at AFI. Due to seating, purchasing tickets in advance is highly recommended.
SEATING IS LIMITED - we recommend that you purchase your tickets early!
Schedule for the event
– Blue Note Records: Beyond the Beats
– Q&A with Director Sophie Huber
– Horror Noire: The History of Black Horror
– Q&A with Director Xavier Bergin and Executive Producer Tananarive Due
– Ali’s Comeback: The Untold Story
– Q&A with Director Art Jones
Directions for American Film Institute - just north of Franklin.
AFI Los Angeles Campus
AFI Hours and Parking
The AFI Campus is open from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily. Parking is free but limited, especially during prime usage times. We recommend you use the lot behind the Louis B. Mayer Library Building.
Directions to AFI
The AFI Campus is located in the hills overlooking Los Angeles, at 2021 North Western Avenue. From the Golden State Freeway (I-5): Exit Los Feliz Boulevard West. Drive approximately two miles on Los Feliz past Griffith Park until Los Feliz curves sharply to the left before becoming Western Avenue. The AFI entrance is the first driveway on the right. If you pass Franklin Avenue, you have gone too far.
The campus is easily accessible from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Burbank Airport, as well as from all Valley locations and Orange County.
Note: AFI does not provide housing accommodations.
AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center
The AFI Silver Theatre is located at 8633 Colesville Road — at the intersection of Colesville Road and Georgia Avenue — in the heart of the new downtown Silver Spring.
Directions to The AFI Silver Theatre
By Car: The AFI Silver Theatre is less than two miles south of Beltway exit 30 (Colesville Road) and exit 31 (Georgia Avenue). The theater is also convenient to the Bethesda area via East-West Highway, and a short drive from downtown Washington via 16th Street, NW.
By Metro: The AFI Silver Theatre is located on Colesville Road, just two blocks north of Metro's Red Line station in Silver Spring.
By Ride-On Bus: The Silver Spring station is served by Ride-On routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 28.
By Metrobus: The Silver Spring station is served by Metrobus routes 70, 71, J5, F4, F6, JH1, J2, J3, J4, Q2, S2, S4, Y8, Z5.
The Wayne Avenue parking garage provides convenient and easy access to downtown Silver Spring. This garage entrance is located on Wayne Avenue between Georgia Avenue and Fenton Street; walk out across Ellsworth Plaza and AFI Silver Theatre is just around the corner! The Wayne Avenue garage offers FREE PARKING on weekends, and after 8:00 p.m. on weekdays.
Additional nearby parking may be found at:
- Town Square parking garage, located at the corner of Ellsworth Drive and Fenton Street
- Gateway Plaza parking lot, at the intersection of Georgia Avenue and Colesville Road
- Parking garage at Fenton Street and Cameron Street